Spelling Words: Complete 2 tasks from the matrix. Also write each word in a sentence.
Spag Bols: “tt”
Cookies n Cream: “cc”
Chicken Schnitzels: “i”
Answer the following questions in your English Books:
1. What was the main point of the Fire Preparations story?
2. In your own words, describe what a `burn-off’ is?
3. What three things make up the fire triangle?
4. A burn-off removes which part of the fire triangle?
5. Who plans and monitors a burn-off?
6. Why was the planned burn-off cancelled?
7. Name three things that can be done to contain a burn-off.
8. What can be done around your home or school to make them fire safe?
9. Illustrate an aspect of this story.
10. What do you understand more clearly since watching the BtN story?
Brainstorm as many Inquiry words possible. Draw in your English books.
Choose 15 words from the brainstorm as your spelling words this week.
Complete 2 different tasks from the matrix.
Write a definition for the apostrophe in your books. Add 5 examples of when you would use an apostrophe.
Complete the following tasks:
Apostrophe Pg 4
Watch the following video:
Complete the following questions in your English book:
Watch the following clip:
Answer the following questions in your English book:
Watch the following BtN story and answer the below questions in your English book.
1. Summarise the Ocean Rubbish story in your English book.
2. How many pieces of plastic end up in the world’s oceans every day?
3. How does plastic get into the ocean?
4. What can happen when plastics stay in the water for a long time?
5. What are microplastics?
6. Why are they harmful?
7. What is the Great Pacific Garbage Patch?
8. Explain Boyan Slat’s idea to clean up the garbage patch.
9. Illustrate an aspect of the Ocean Rubbish story.
10. What can be done to prevent plastics from reaching the oceans?
From the list below pick 15 root words for your spelling list this week.
Write each in a sentence.
– 2 spelling tasks from the spelling matrix.